Bellevue Implement was founded in downtown Bellevue in the early 1900’s. In 1950, the building at the current location was built and the business was moved from downtown to its current location east of town on State Route 20. Gordon Gibbs served as the Parts Manager from 1962 to 1966 at Reinhart Sales in Bowling Green, and both the Parts Manager & Service Manager at Decker Implement in Sherwood from 1966 to 1970. Gibbs had the opportunity to buy half of Bellevue Implement later that year from the Link Brothers. A silent partner bought the other half of the business, and in five years Gordon bought the partner out, renaming the business to Gibbs Equipment in 1975.
Gibbs Equipment purchased Purdy's in Fremont in 1997 to open a second store, with Gordon’s son Mike serving as the General Manager. They ran business out of this location for a couple years before building a new facility in Gibsonburg in 1999. The store was closed in 2007, being too close in proximity to their Bellevue store, with the same customers being called on from both locations. Gordon retired in 2007 and Mike took over the General Manager duties at the Bellevue store.
In 2016 the Gibbs’ reached out to Archbold Equipment CEO Zach Hetterick. He had previously been their Case IH Territory Sales Manager and they felt Archbold Equipment was a good home for their staff, customers and legacy. Archbold Equipment bought Gibbs Equipment in March of 2017.